We believe that the health, safety and happiness of your child is paramount, therefore, providing a safe and hygienic environment for your child is essential.
Conyngham Street Community Children’s Centre has a duty of care to ensure the health and well-being of all children, parents, staff and visitors.
With this in mind, the centre will use the National Health and Medical Research Council “Staying Healthy in Child Care. 4th edition: Commonwealth of Australia 2005″. In short, this means to exclude children and staff and inform parents of exclusion and non exclusion periods.
For more information please refer to policy 17 – infectious diseases.
To assist the staff in providing the best possible care for your child, the centre policy requires ALL medication (this includes all creams) to be accompanied with a letter or medication form provided, and filled out by the prescribing doctor or practitioner. For this reason we recommend that you use the forms listed under FORMS when seeing a medical practitioner and/or purchasing medication. Please refer to policy 10 – Medication.
Safety and Security
Our staff follow specific policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of your child.
- We provide a safe environment in which your child can play and develop to their full potential
- The centre has policies that include procedures to minimise the risk to both children and adults within the centre. Most of our staff hold First Aid qualifications. First Aid and Evacuation Procedures are displayed in all rooms and fire drills are practiced regularly.
- On arrival and departure, parents and guardians are required to “sign in” and “sign out” their child and ensure they speak to a staff member.
- Parent/guardian authority (preferably in writing) is required if another person is to collect your child. A Collection Authorisation Form is to be filled out on enrollment nominating who may collect your child. We will not allow anyone to take your child without your authority.
- The centre has policies and practices that reflect the commitment to the safety and protection of young children. Please refer to policy 10 – Arrivals and Departures.